I did this a while ago but though I would share it so anyone interested in assembly can look at the implementation and see how some of it works.
Pastebin seems so have de-formated my code but it should still be readable.
It is the ASM code that is used for the collision in the black paw library I wrote for the GBA. I will get round to uploading the whole thing sometime since I need to put it on my portfolio.
So I haven’t posted on tumblr for a very long time it feels like and in that time I have done a lot physically but not a lot code wise.
I’m currently working with 4 fellow students in a company started by us called Little Kraken. were currently working on our first project which is going to be a awesome little flash game. I will post a bit more about this later as well as how the company was started and what we’ve all been doing in it.
In my free time im still trying to work on Lua but have kinda been slow to work on it. Last weekend though I came back to it and started to work on it and got a few things completed but also hit a huge wall.
During that weekend I Set up a call function which was a simple non-parameter Lua function caller which I will use for simple calls. I have tested to see how to call C functions from lua which is also fairly basic and simple. I also got enumerations set up with a read-only table which is awesome as it allows me to add c enumerations to Lua and use them in the exact same way.
For the enumerations I used the code from a blog post by Tom Distler (source should be in the content source area). I have slightly modified it myself as there were one or two bugs in his code.
The brick wall that I came to was that I had used the enumeration to create a even manager that could take an event enumeration and then a function to be called when that event is triggered.
The problem I had came from the enumeration code as one of the functions pushed a value onto the stack and then never popped it off. This then cause the luaL_ref function to store a number and not the function.
This has all been fixed now and I have the ability to add events with functions to an event manager and them to run the code linked to them.
My next task is to start adding classes and Userdata to Lua and try and get that passed around so that my events can send classes into the function to assist with the handling of that event.
After all this is complete I will move onto looking into OpenGL 4.0 and getting a sprite geometry shader created.
Any future development in my own project I will try to update as much as possible but its hard to find the time to work on them now.